Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The quest for the perfect Christmas Card photo!

Well it's that time of year again, and as happens every year my Mom informed me that we need to get a photo of Wyatt for our Christmas cards. This year I convinced her not to run across the street to the 'fast food' photography studio and let me take one instead. Ahem. I should have just let someone else do it because my kid HATES my camera. Something about having a Mom with a lens attached to her nose makes a kid a bit camera shy. But I was optimistic beyond words so. . .on we went!

We piled up and headed to the Gaylord Texan Resort, in Grapevine, Texas. They have a ton of Christmas decorations, trains and a wonderful Buffet that we like to visit once a year! So it's kind of a tradition for us to go walk around and look at the pretty stuff!



Started out trying to get a shot in the sleigh near the front of the resort. Nope. Not a good spot!


Tried on a bench. Nope. Didn't like any of those either. . .


Tried in front of some poinsettias. Nope. Wyatt wouldn't look at me to save my life!!


Cute though!


Tried in front of the ginger bread house!! Yikes! Horrid lighting.


Taking a break and watching the trains!



We decided to go eat lunch and give Wyatt some time to play. . .
I decided to take some photos of the general holiday cheer all around! lol. Couldn't just walk. . .













The spot we ate lunch is a wonderful little buffet with gourmet type food and a nice atmosphere along a 'river walk'. (all indoors.) When we were finished I took some shots around the table. . .


Orchids at the host's station


Christmas Cactus alongside the 'river'.


Water Glasses


Koi in the 'river'.


After dinner we let Wyatt run laps around a fountain. Lol. Kids have fun doing nothing!





Technically a terrible photo but look!! He's completely off the ground!!! And very fast!!


Finally!! I got eyeballs!!! But it was a bit too closeup for the Christmas Card. . .


His idea of posing. . .


Too bear skin rugged for my taste! lol


Finally my Mom bribed him with pennies to throw in the water. . . .

And!!!! Drum role. . . .




WE GOT THE SHOT! lol Presenting our Christmas Card!

No comments: