Friday, September 08, 2006

Rodeo Time in Texas!


The cooler weather has found Texas again! Wyatt and I have started to venture back outside without boiling before we reach the car. I know he is enjoying getting out and I certainly am. This week has been a big week for us! We helped Sherri, Cody and Colin move into their new apartment on Monday (Labor Day), Wednesday night we ate dinner with Grami and Papaw, and last night we went to the Rodeo in Decatur!! It is that last event that I feel like talking about today! Wyatt's first Rodeo!!

I think I've been looking forward to this rodeo for well over a month now. I just knew Wyatt was going to love it. I figured he'd stay interested until the end of tie-down roping and we'd go home early. Ha! That boy was interested until the last bull left the chute. He probably could have made it thru part of the slack competition after the rodeo too!! He sat on his Daddy's lap for most of it just clapping and hollering. He loved when the calves came past us on the way to the holding chute. He loved the clown. He loved all the pretty horses. It was great!! And of course since it didn't start until 8 p.m. he got a little sleepy (and loopy) and started dolling out hugs and kisses. Wyatt isn't by nature a cuddler, but last night you would have never known that. I probably got 10 hugs in a row. See in my mind it was because he was soooo thankful to get to go to the Rodeo! So now I'm looking forward to the circus!!!!! I bet that one is a big hit as well!!!

No comments: