Thursday, January 18, 2007

Icy World


This week we have been hit with a major round of winter weather!! I myself love snow but when it all goes wrong it comes down as freezing rain! Which really stinks!

This last weekend I took Wyatt to Grami's and Papaw's house on Friday evening hoping to be able to pick him up Saturday morning and ride out the ice storm in my nice cozy home. Well the ice came on Friday night and I couldn't go pick Wyatt up on Saturday. Turns out we couldn't pick him up until Monday! By that time I was naturally going crazy although my husband and I got a lot of stuff done around the house. But I learned a lesson from it! If the weather man says snow or ice, don't take the boy anywhere!! So this weekend is shaping up to be a bit of a repeat and unfortunately for Grami and Papaw they may have to wait it out and hope we can come visit on Sunday!! (We are supposed to go to the Stock Show)

Wyatt has learned a few new words this week and I of course think they are adorable!! "Clock" is his favorite and he says it all the time!! He is constantly on the look out for clocks so Grami bought him a train clock for his bedroom and we can't wait for it to get here! He also learned "moon" and it sounds like "moo" very cute! He is also learning to be patient while we read. I've been taking him to my room once a day and we lay on my bed and cuddle and read a 'special' book. (one of the books with real paper in it) Wyatt loves this new activity and he lays back and listens intently which is a real change from his past reading patience. He wouldn't let you finish a page before he had turned to the end of the book before. Yesterday he sat thru a long story of Winnie the Pooh and really seemed to be following a long!! It's amazing how fast kids grow up!! His abilities and comprehension have just skyrocketed over the last few months!! I wish I could learn so much so fast!

And to close today I thought I would post some pictures of Wyatt enjoying the winter weather!! He was very impressed and didn't want to go inside!! I don't blame him really, who knows when we will see snow again!

Loving it!

Drawing in the snow/sleet - sneet!

Sunny gets a little love

Loving the snow!

Nope, just a little farther Momma!

Cute boys!


No comments: