Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A trip to the museum!

Just one more week until Daddy goes back to work so we are taking full advantage of our time with him!!!

We have been planning on going to the Omni with Wyatt for a long time and finally this past Monday we actually went!!

I thought I’d do a picture report of our day so all the people who couldn’t come could see!!

We started out and the first think Wyatt saw was a big ol’ Dinosaur!!!!!! Of course he thought that was really “Cool”.

We visited the Fort Worth Museum of Natural History and went to the Omni!!  Wyatt thought this d

Next we bought our tickets and stood in line very patiently to see the first showing of Dolphins. Wyatt loved being loose and stayed with us the entire time.

Waiting very patiently to get to go into the Omni theater.

This is the best picture I could get without a tripod in the dark. Cameras weren’t really allowed in the theater. For those of you who have never been to the Omni it is a dome Imax that makes you feel like you are moving while you watch the film. It’s really neat!

Mommy and her non tripod, non flash attempts at pictures in the theater.

Best shot of the lower level and a tiny fraction of the screen.

The theater (or the bottom 1/15th of it.

Wyatt had his first drink from a water fountain after the movie and he thought it was “Cool” too.

DSCN5808

I had to get a shot of the purple walls as we left the theater because they remind me of my Granddaddy. He always took me to the Omni when I was little and I always got so excited when I saw those purple walls!

Mommy had to get a shot of the purple walls because she loves them.  They remind her of her Gran

The Star Wars Exhibit is a traveling exhibit, which is about to leave our town so we were lucky to get to see it!! It had a lot of neat stuff used in the movies and some of the science that has been inspired by them.

The museum is hosting a Star Wars exhibit which is REALLY cool!!  Lots of props and science stuf

Cool

DSCN5812

Daddy pushed Wyatt way up close to this scary creature. (not sure why) and I was worried that he might be afraid of it but Wyatt just busted out with “SNOW PUPPY!!!” So cute I tell ya!

Wyatt called that ice creature a

DSCN5814

DSCN5817

Ewan McGregor wore that outfit on the right!!! Drool . . .

DSCN5819

DSCN5823

DSCN5824

Wyatt is already half the height of Harrison Ford!!

Wyatt is almost half the height of Harrison Ford evidently.

DSCN5827

We finished up the Star Wars exhibit and went to find something fun for Wyatt to do. The penny vortex has been at the museum since I was a little girl.

Watching the pennies also reminded me of Granddaddy.  Wyatt liked it a lot.

We got to touch Mammoth tusks

Cool! Mammoth tusks!

And play with big bubble tubes!

Really big hands!!!  And lots of bubbles!!!

And Daddy and Wyatt are making the same exact fake smile here in front of the dinosaur bones.

DSCN5837

The museum has a really great area in the basement that is for kids 1 – 6. It had trains to drive and cars at the atm, phones to call on, a grocery store and a neat water play area with a pretend boat. I could tell a lot of Moms had passes to the museum just so their kids could meet and play while Mom sat on a bench and chatted with other Moms. Nice!

The museum has a really great area for toddlers to get 'hands on' time with fun toys.

Wyatt checks out with a bunch of fruit!

Daddy helped steer a little bit because the buggy had a bum tire.

DSCN5844

Cool water room!!!  Wyatt loved this area a lot!!

Wyatt kept handing everyone this “Star Fish”. I guess he is learning his shapes after all!

DSCN5846

DSCN5851

DSCN5853

We also went to the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame but decided that we would come back without Wyatt sometime.

On the way back to our car Wyatt spotted this “Daddy Turtle” that he just had to go check out. He gave it a hugged and then pointed to it so that we wouldn’t miss it.

DSCN5856

I was really glad we got to go the museum because it is shutting down September 3rd for a long overdue overhaul and who knows what it will look like when it reopens. Bets are it won’t be anything like what I know and remember from my childhood. I missed my Granddaddy a lot during our trip but I’m glad I got to go see it one more time!

No comments: